Nature’s Best Hope with Doug Tallamy
Dr. Tallamy, conservationist, author, and speaker discusses the relationship among insects, birds, and the plants we grow. Sponsored by NHCP and W.E.B.B
Rise Up with Halcyon Quartet
Halcyon String Quartet with Sophie & Josie Davis, Nora Willauer, and Colin Wheatley.
Videography and Multimedia by Luke Fatora.
Original Art by Jill Pelto.
Panel Discussion with Gabe McPhail, Hannah Pingree, and Riley Stevenson.
Maine Won’t Wait
Maine Won’t Wait: Climate Change & Action on Maine’s Islands
A Discussion of Climate Action in Maine and What it Means for Maine’s Islands and short film showing of A Climate of Change: Sea Level Rise
@ Waterman’s Community Center
With Hannah Pingree (State of Maine), Dr. Susie Arnold & Suzanne McDonald (Island Institute), John Stevens (North Haven Conservation Partners), and Sam Hallowell (North Haven Sustainable Housing)
Click here to see the full action plan
• Waterman’s Intro
• Hannah Intro on Climate Planning Process (5) & Susieon Climate Impacts/Science for ME/Coast
• Film Screening (Susie Intro)
• Maine’s Plan for Action – Hannah – Slides on 8 Areas of Action
• Susanne – What Islands Are Doing to Prepare
• John From NHCP & Sam from NHSH talk about conservation & forest management (NHCP); Sam — sustainable housing & weatherization (NHSH)